L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Original Mascara, Carbon Black.(Mascara)


http://www.amazon.com/LOreal-Paris-Voluminous-Original-Mascara/dp/B004BCXAM8/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1390059154&sr=1-2
Never Had A Problem With It In Years, December 26, 2013
By Medley :

I've been using this mascara for years and never had the problems mentioned in so many reviews of difficulties removing it, smudging, etc.. in fact I haven't had to use anything special to get it off. In the shower, I just use water and wipe it off with a bath cloth, since it's not waterproof- once it's wet it just slides off onto a cloth. If there are any streaks on my face (from the shower), I just wash my cheeks with soap/water and off it comes.

It is true that the formula starts out very thin when you first open it and thickens over time, so you have to wait and recoat the first few times you use it.

But it's been the best mascara I've ever used for rich color saturation and a thick look. I've been asked several times if my lashes were false.

BEST Drugstore Mascara, April 23, 2013
By Green Eyes (Los Angeles) :

I read all the reviews on this mascara and felt like I had to put my two cents in. I have tried just about every L'Oreal mascara. this is by far the best. this alone has given me more compliments on my eyes and eyelashes than anything else. more than once I have been asked if my eyelashes were real or not. thank you L'Oreal.

the color is very rich. when I apply it, it coats every strand with its dark, beautiful goop that makes my eyelashes look sexy, long, and full. maybe not a word someone uses to describe mascara, but it is very creamy, not dry like some mascaras are (even when first opened). when I take it out, the tip contains a tiny bit of mascara on it or in other words, the tip contains more of the 'goop'. this works for me because I use that to apply it to the edges, making my eyelashes appear even fuller and resulting in a wing tip sort of look (for the eyelashes).

in beginner hands, I can see how that would pose a problem. I have never had an issue with clumping or my eyelashes looking like they have fused into two pointy lashes. we all know that when applying mascara, you have to wiggle it all the way through to avoid clumps. with this mascara, 1-2 coats is enough because with the first coat, it gets the job done. want even fuller darker lashes? do a second coat BUT don't forget to wiggle the brush and to not wait too long in between coats. applying a second coat on dried lashes is a BAD IDEA.

as for makeup remover not removing the mascara. again, that was not a problem for me. I don't use eye makeup remover to remove my eye makeup. I use baby shampoo (it is really cheap compared to eye makeup remover and it is safe and gentle to use on my eyes). it removes all traces of my makeup, mascara and all.

it does not wear off throughout the day, does not smear, and even stayed put through a very vigorous workout in a non air conditioned place. my face sweats a lot, compared to the people around me (even in 75 degree weather), and never has my mascara smeared or came off as a result of that. take it from someone who applies mascara every day, has fallen asleep in it (by accident!), has worked out, cried, and hooked up in it. it is aaaamazing.

-makeup-